M y b l o g f o r e v e r y t h i n g . E v e r y t h i n g a p a r t f r o m m y a u t o b i o g r a p h i c c o m i c .

Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Moor Mon Amour

Meine Liebe Moor

deviantART, 17. August 2008:



Back from a four-day trip to Mecklenburg with my brother. Back from the Shire XD

Seriously, the Mecklenburg Lake District is one of the most beautiful landscapes to me. I haven't seen much of the world admittedly. But I can't get enough of those forests, moors, lakes and little agriculture inbetween.
I wish I had had a wide-angle lens with me... all my 500 photos cannot really express the shape of this landscape or my view on it.

The photo shows a little silted up bog in a late state of succession. Due to decreases in yearly precipitation in eastern Germany many bogs and moors are drying and sagging.
Usually the large clot of sphagnum swims in the water that filled a kettle or depression. When the water level is sinking, the clot sags down, the entrance - that is usually not easily passable because of deep water and slush - is now easy to go through. Large animals enter the moor and destroy it more.

I remember, that, ten years ago I sank up to the hips in the entrance... it was a horrible experience. But to me a somehow attractive kind of danger...

Beech and birch forests are the most beautiful in summer... see another picture here: Where I come from

Thank you for your attention (:

No comments: