M y b l o g f o r e v e r y t h i n g . E v e r y t h i n g a p a r t f r o m m y a u t o b i o g r a p h i c c o m i c .

Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Secret Santa


I painted this picture as a "secret santa" for Wasserbienchen on Animexx.

I mingled with ideas for a while, after having read her nuzlocke challenge on deviantART.
Finally and pretty suddenly I had a precise idea of the image I wanted to paint. I spent a whole evening researching japanese architecture and constructed the stage for the scene.

For perspective grid I like this method.

All the outlines and colouring were done in Paint Tool Sai. I couldn't decide if the shoji (sliding wall things) were paper or glass, so I outlined the roof, too, although in the finished image it is not really visible. Final atmospheric touch-ups were done in Photoshop.

I don't know if I managed to show that Bianca, the smaller girl with the towel is dripping wet from the rain (that's her clothes there lying on the boards). Here is a closeup of the drops. I used the lasso tool, filled with white, lowered the opacity and added two layer effects. Quick and easy. Love photoshop!

No comments: