M y b l o g f o r e v e r y t h i n g . E v e r y t h i n g a p a r t f r o m m y a u t o b i o g r a p h i c c o m i c .

Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Fanart: Akki from Shin Sekai Yori

Painted with a limited palette in Photoshop for weekly art challenges on tumblr.

"Alright, I draw fanart very seldomly - usually I have the feeling I fail to capture the characters’ essence. So I hope it’s ok to post this here.

Today I finished watching Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) and I realy liked the latest ‘development’. This is the fiend/messiah. In a field of… tall grass…

Technically, I tried to stay with karniz’ rule not to use mixed-up colours, but picked from the original palette most of the times, using the standard brush at Normal mode with lowered flow."

With a limited palette that doesn't have black and white I find it difficult to go lighter and darker in particular areas, so it was challenging to not muck up the midtones to make highlights and darks.

No comments: